A journal following the history, design, construction and operation of Bernard Kempinski's O Scale model railroad depicting the U. S. Military Railroad (USMRR) Aquia-Falmouth line in 1863, and other model railroad projects.
©Bernard Kempinski All text and images, except as noted, on this blog are copyrighted by the author and may not be used without permission.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 1, 2011

Presentation at RF&P Historical Society Meeting


I
will be presenting my talk on Civil War Railroads to the RF&P Historical Society on May 7th, 2011 at the Salem Church Branch of the Central Rappahannock Regional Library on Salem Church Road in Spotsylvania County, Virginia. Since the audience are certified RF&P fans I have tailored my talk to have more RF&P information. This was easy to do since the USMRR Aquia Line was built on the roadbed of the RF&P. I may even have a surprise or two for them. If you are going to be in the area, stop by and check it out.


I spotted the repainted  RF&P  101,a GP-7, at Dillwyn, VA in
1992 (wow, that was a long time ago.)
I have another connection with the RF&P other than I am modeling a portion of it in the civil war, that is I live about two blocks from the former RF&P main line near the southern yard ladder of Potomac Yards. The yard and railroad presence is now almost completely gone, except for a CSX three track line, and parallel Metro Rail subway lines.  One of my running trails takes me along the main line for about two miles and I usually see at least one train when I'm running. So I have a soft spot for the RF&P in my rail fan heart.

1 comment:

  1. Very happy to hear about your "soft spot", Bernie! What are you waiting for? Need a second layout? Come help on mine! ;o)

    ReplyDelete