- 11:00AM, April 5 Introduction to the Railroads of the Civil War, at the South Mountain Division Minicon, Fire Station, Blue Ridge Summit, PA.
- 10:00AM May 31, Introduction of Railroads of the Civil War and the USMRR Aquia Line. At the RF&P Historical Society, Salem Church Library, 2607 Salem Church Road, Fredericksburg, VA. This is a 1.5 hour talk that combines my ACWRR talk with a detailed description of my home layout. Membership in the RF&PHS may be required.
- 10:00AM Aug 2, Introduction to Railroads of the Civil War, at the B&O Historical Society Mini Con, St John's Lutheran Church, 101 W. Martin Street, Martinsburg, WV Membership in the B&OHS may be required. See http://www.borhs.org/Events/events.html for more info.
- Time TBD, Aug 8-10, Capitol Limited, N Scale East Convention, Chantilly Expo Center. See http://www.bigtrainlayout.org/ for more detail. This is part of the N scale convention. Resistration for the convention will be required.
- Time TDB, Sep 12-13, The Model Railroad Goes to War, Middle Atlantic Railroad Prototype Meet (MARPM), Wingate by Wyndham Hotel, Fredericksburg, VA. See http://www.marpm.org/ for more info. Registration for the meet is required. This will be a new talk I am developing to coordinate with my upcoming book about the role of railraods in warfare. The talk will include dozens of additional photos obtained from the National Archives and other sources not used in the book. Hopefully I will have copies of the book to sign at this event. The convention staff asks that you resister as soon as possible in order to reserve a spot.
- Time and October date TBD, Porter Branch of the Stafford County Library. http://www.librarypoint.org/porter
This library is just a few miles from the location depicted in my model railroad. We haven't nailed down the date yet. I'll post it when it is available. This event will probably be free to attend.