A journal following the history, design, construction and operation of Bernard Kempinski's O Scale model railroad depicting the U. S. Military Railroad (USMRR) Aquia-Falmouth line in 1863, and other model railroad projects.
©Bernard Kempinski All text and images, except as noted, on this blog are copyrighted by the author and may not be used without permission.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 12, 2020

Don't Jump!



For several years I have been meaning to add a figure on a plank like shown in this prototype photo of Potomac Creek below. Today, I was preparing paper work for the NMRA Master Builder Prototype Models SOQ and I thought, "this is a good time."
Prototype photo that inspired the scene

So I dug out an appropriate figure from my stash. (Note to self - you have at least 10 pounds of unpainted figures in your stash. You don't need anymore.)

I found one that had a similar pose and style of dress. This figure came from Knuckleduster Miniatures  They offer a nice line of O scale Wild West figures that work for the ACW era. All those saloon figures are tempting me to add a saloon to my layout. But where?

It was a simple matter to build a plank, stack some rocks, and pose the figure.

I'll bet you thought this was going to tie into the stock market some how, didn't you?

3 comments:

  1. That guy looks mighty foolish way out there on the plank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a case of bravado. Secretary of War Stanton walked across the bridge (actually an earlier version of this bridge) with Abe Lincoln. He was some frightened, he had to have a soldier hold his hand.

      Delete