A journal following the history, design, construction and operation of Bernard Kempinski's O Scale model railroad depicting the U. S. Military Railroad (USMRR) Aquia-Falmouth line in 1863, and other model railroad projects.
©Bernard Kempinski All text and images, except as noted, on this blog are copyrighted by the author and may not be used without permission.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 27, 2023

Photos of Falmouth

 

The editor of the newsletter of the local division of the NMRA needed some photos of my layout to announce an open house. I thought that was a good excuse to shoot some new photos of the almost finished area near Falmouth. Focus stacked and sky replaced in PS.







2 comments:

  1. They look great. And it looks like the track here uses a different style of construction from previous areas. Did you use different ties? Or more ballast? I can't put my finger on it, but it looks better "maintained" in this section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernie, beautiful modeling and photos as usual. I love the sky. Supposedly, the rule of thumb about backdrop is they should not upstage the modeling or be too detailed, however I think the dramatic sky looks incredible. I wonder what other people's take on this would be? I am not an artist by any means but can draw & sketch decently.

    I think it would be fun to try and replicate the photo shopped sky in paint to see if it could be done by someone who isn't trained to paint? There are so many layers and shadows in these images, it would be an interesting experience. I remember reading those big Grumbacher art books on drawing & painting when I was about 5 or 6, then trying to duplicate the landscape scenes in the books.

    Is the background forest also photo-shopped or your layout backdrop? Those look so realistic also, yet still have a muted quality about them. Nice work.

    Jeff Mrock

    ReplyDelete