|First pilings and pilot caps. Note the pile of precut pilings in the background. I need about 390 but I cut about 500.|
|The blue is actually darker than this image leads one to believe.|
I made a trio of pilings and pile caps assemblies (see first photo).
I am using a new glue that is optimized for wood. It looks and acts like a CAA glue, but supposedly can be sanded and stained. Nonetheless, I prestained the parts as that should give the best results. The glue seems to work pretty well. It sets in 30 seconds. That is better than waiting for yellow glue to cure.
Three down and 50 or so to go.
|Some touch-up on the backdrop will be necessary|