For a voltage supply, I turned on my DCC system and clipped the power leads from the unit to the rail using alligator clips. Before adding the fibers I lightly sprayed the overall area with wet water to allow for an electrical path for the static charge.
|The static fibers are quite secure once dry. It's really amazing.|
To avoid the manicured lawn look, I added the grass in splotches. I also added finely sifted dirt and ground leaves to the area while the glue was still wet. Then I applied another shot of dilute white glue to the overall area. That worked well as it did not disturb the erect fibers, but allowed the loose material to be secured in place. In the end, they grass looks great. I'll be doing more of this for sure.
|The camp image on the backdrop is a new one from Brian Kammerer.|