|Paul and John busy operating the layout|
|Cutting at the waterline|
Previously, on Friday night in the waning light of the evening I cut off the ship at the water line.
Then I added the hawser reinforcements. I tried adding the bulwark frames, but found that gluing the small pieces of styrene to the fiberglass hull was difficult to do. So I lined the inside of the bulwarks with a layer of 0.020 inch styrene. I had to trim and fit the liner pieces to the complex curves. A little bit of putty was needed to hide the seams. Tomorrow I'll add the frames using styrene glue. That should go much more smoothly.
|Hull split in tow|
|It's starting to look good after a coat of primer.|