A journal following the history, design, construction and operation of Bernard Kempinski's O Scale model railroad depicting the U. S. Military Railroad (USMRR) Aquia-Falmouth line in 1863, and other model railroad projects.
©Bernard Kempinski All text and images, except as noted, on this blog are copyrighted by the author and may not be used without permission.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 9, 2011

A new house car


I built another house car. It was actually one of the first chassis I had started, but set it aside.  It wasn't in bad shape, so I decided to finish it.

The decals on this model were a real problem. I had to sand some of them off and try again. In the end I resorted to heavy weathering to disguise the decal glitches.

When is that bottle of Future Floor Wax going to get here?

You guys that can just go buy your freight car trucks and pop them on the car are so lucky. It takes me about 4 hours to build my trucks (albeit with working brakes). Multiply by 60 cars. On second thought, I'd rather not think that far ahead, at least not from that perspective.

Time for a new project. What should be it.....?


No comments:

Post a Comment