A journal following the history, design, construction and operation of Bernard Kempinski's O Scale model railroad depicting the U. S. Military Railroad (USMRR) Aquia-Falmouth line in 1863, and other model railroad projects.
©Bernard Kempinski All text and images, except as noted, on this blog are copyrighted by the author and may not be used without permission.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 30, 2020

Aquia Line Quarantine News

Scene on one of my 1/56th (28mm) scale game boards

So far, we are staying healthy and trying to follow all the guidelines the CDC and governments have established. I hope you all are safe too.

I've been catching up on various projects the past week, mostly related to models for clients and some war gaming projects. My do list is getting worked down. I thought about hosting a remote op session on the layout, but haven't decided on the best way to do that. However, I hosted two wargames remotely using Facebook live for the first one and then FaceTime.  Those were fun, but actually a lot of work. I do plan to get working on my layout next, so I will be disassembling the game table to prep for layout expansion work.  The photo above is a shot I took on the game table showcasing some of the new K-Ration boxes I made.

Today, I received a delivery of 3 sheets of 4x8 feet plywood from Home Depot. I will process these into lumber to start the benchwork for my layout.  My plan is to start with the curve in the closet and proceed into the crew lounge.

But before I start that, I have more do list items need to wrap up. There doesn't seem to be any hurry, as we will be confined to quarters for at least another month.


1 comment:

  1. Keep your head down! Good advise on the gaming table as well.

    ReplyDelete