The work went pretty smoothly. I am still not sure about pre ballasting the track before laying the rails.
I was able to find all the track laying tools after a couple years of storage. I am using switch stands that I recycled from McCooks Landing. That saved a bit of time.
I didn't power the frog yet, but I did wire feeders to the rest of the track.
I test ran the first train into and out of Aquia Landing. It ran pretty well. Some tweaking will help smooth things out. Here is a quick video of the action.
With just few more turnouts I could run test op sessions using the three track yard at Aquia landing as a staging yard. I am eagerly anticipating that.