A journal following the history, design, construction and operation of Bernard Kempinski's O Scale model railroad depicting the U. S. Military Railroad (USMRR) Aquia-Falmouth line in 1863, and other model railroad projects.
©Bernard Kempinski All text and images, except as noted, on this blog are copyrighted by the author and may not be used without permission.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 22, 2015

Unexpected bonus

The remnants of the foam layer of the layer makes a relatively small pile.
As I was taking the foam pieces to the trash, I noticed that I could pop some of the track sections intact from the foam scenery. I used 1/8 inch plywood sub roadbed glued to the foam.

I was able to salvage three turnouts from McCooks, a double crossover and a single turnout. Since I only need 9 more turnouts to finish my home layout, these will come in handy.
Three turnouts salvaged from McCook's Landing.


1 comment:

  1. Very Fortunate, indeed! I imagine they aren't 'stock' and easily purchased at a LHS (if there are any left in VA), so I'm guessing you hand-laid them, so who cares they are retreads? Salvage is good!

    ReplyDelete