A journal following the history, design, construction and operation of Bernard Kempinski's O Scale model railroad depicting the U. S. Military Railroad (USMRR) Aquia-Falmouth line in 1863, and other model railroad projects.
©Bernard Kempinski All text and images, except as noted, on this blog are copyrighted by the author and may not be used without permission.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 9, 2022

USMRR Tug Atlantic

Almost finished tug boat model

We're back from the abyss....actually, we were lucky that it wasn't that bad. But my wife and I are both feeling better. We still have to wear masks for a few more days, but other than that, all good. I was able to sneak in some work on the tug boat in between naps. The tug is almost finished. I need to do some touch up, add a decal to the stack,  and finish the weathering. 

I chose the name, "Atlantic," because that was the name of one of the USMRR tugs that worked the car ferry from Alexandria to Aquia Landing. The other tug that they list as also working this route was the "Kirkman." I liked the sound of "Atlantic" better.



 

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back!

    Very nicely done. A great addition for Aqua and/or Burnside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking model and scene!
    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bernie - Nice job on the tug- I’m always impressed by your productivity. I was looking at that same picture the other day, but it will probably be years before I make a tug.😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearborn RobertDecember 19, 2022

    Wow, I was doing a search for information on Stoneman’s Switch and stumbled across this blog. What an amazing project! You’ve got a new fanboy, mate! I’m planning a Virginia trip for this Spring and will be checking out whatever remains of the Aquia to Falmouth sites. In addition to contemporary photos and drawings, I am now also saving these pictures of your modeling as well, to use as reference material during my visit. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete