A journal following the history, design, construction and operation of Bernard Kempinski's O Scale model railroad depicting the U. S. Military Railroad (USMRR) Aquia-Falmouth line in 1863, and other model railroad projects.
©Bernard Kempinski All text and images, except as noted, on this blog are copyrighted by the author and may not be used without permission.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 8, 2023

National Capitol Model Soldier Society Annual Show 2023

The show had an official photographer to shoot pictures of every entry.


 On October 1 I attended the National Capitol Model Soldier Society Annual show. It was well attended with 72 individual exhibitors and approximately 310 models on display. I brought three models to exhibit,  the 1/32nd scale Land Merrimack artillery gun and two dioramas, High Road to Rome and Oracle at Delphi. You can find more information at the NCMSS Webpage.

I was busy as a judge during much of the event,  so I didn't get too much time to look at the awesome models. I did take a few photos.  These models below received gold medals.   I was happy to report that all three of my entires also received gold medals. The High Rome to Rome also received the special award for Victory in Europe. 


Gold medal winning bust by Brian Howard

Gold medal flat depicting Saladin by Greg DiFranco. I thought this was a very impressive piece. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment