|Finished section of San Clemente Ave|
|Prototype area modeled. I am omitting the fence as it is on the edge of the fascia.|
|Typical pavement section|
Next I added small tufts of Silfor grass in the cracks and along the shoulder.
Finally, I laser cut some manhole covers and storm drains, again following prototype photos as a guide. I trimmed away sections of the task board pavement and countersunk the manholes and drains into the pavement. Thanks to using task board it was easy to remove the areas below the drains. Looking into a 3D drain is kind a cool.
This weekend, I also installed a TCS Wow Sound decoder with the RTG-MB1 motherboard into a Athearn SD40. This board has a keep alive capacitor and associated circuitry. It works great and the SD40 runs smoothly across the layout.
Next, I need to learn how to adjust the sound parameters to get that set up for an SD40.
|Countersinking the manholes and drains|