A journal following the history, design, construction and operation of Bernard Kempinski's O Scale model railroad depicting the U. S. Military Railroad (USMRR) Aquia-Falmouth line in 1863, and other model railroad projects.
©Bernard Kempinski All text and images, except as noted, on this blog are copyrighted by the author and may not be used without permission.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 25, 2015

Filling The Maw

Test of the PoLA Money Shot with hand-held iPhone.

The Maw- Halo players will get this.


Fence gate before painting and barbed wire

I added the fence gate to the front portal of the pier shed. I soldered some 0.032 inch phosphor bronze and brass rod to create the gate frame. It is very sturdy. I test fit it so it was a snug fit in the portal.




 Then I glued an oversized piece of fine tulle  fabric (veil material) to the frame using CAA. I then trimmed it to the size of the frame.  To trim the tulle  I used a sharp XActo knife. Next I primed it gray and then painted the vertical posts silver.

To simulated the plastic privacy panels I used a piece of construction paper painted the trim color. I glued it to the back of the tulle. I did not weave it in between the chain links as on the prototype. But I like how the tulle is visible in front of the paper.


Lastly I added signs and barbed wire made from lycra string.

No comments:

Post a Comment