A journal following the history, design, construction and operation of Bernard Kempinski's O Scale model railroad depicting the U. S. Military Railroad (USMRR) Aquia-Falmouth line in 1863, and other model projects.
©Bernard Kempinski All text and images, except as noted, on this blog are copyrighted by the author and may not be used without permission.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 27, 2026

The Miss Ruka has arrived

 



Brion Boyles brought the finished model of the pungy this weekend. I started this model a few years ago (see left). I got the basic hull finished and painted, with a name plate on the stern, which is named after my granddaughter, Miss Ruka. She happens to be visiting us this week, and she wanted to see the trains today. Alas, I can't run right now due to the work. Hopefully, I can get things running before she leaves and I have the MARPM open house on Friday.

Brion took it home it about 5 months ago and got it the rest of the way. He did a nice job on it.  I like the weathered look. He added a lot of nice scratch built detail.

Meanwhile, I finished laying the track to the turntable and engine house-machine shop. I secured the machine shop model to the layout. I  placed it so that visitors can easily look inside and see the tools and other details. 

There is still a lot of work to do, including tuning the turntable so it runs smoothly and has the automatic electrical reverse. 


No comments:

Post a Comment