A journal following the history, design, construction and operation of Bernard Kempinski's O Scale model railroad depicting the U. S. Military Railroad (USMRR) Aquia-Falmouth line in 1863, and other model projects.
©Bernard Kempinski All text and images, except as noted, on this blog are copyrighted by the author and may not be used without permission.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 24, 2026

Turntable and Trees

First rails across the turntable 

Joel making trees
John and Remy at work
 Last weekend Joel Salmons stopped by on Saturday to help work on the layout.  We started making trees using dowels and super tree tops. Once he got started, I continued work on the turntable.  The next day, Joel painted figures while his son, John,  and daughter in-law, Remy, continued work on trees. By the end of the day they had 45 trees ready for paint and three figures painted. The figures were actually 3d printing of Remy, Janet (Joel's wife) and himself. Joel painted himself as a tugboat captain. The trees will be used along the backdrop above the Mueller's Creek Trestle. 


 I got the turntable pit installed. That required some additional bracing under the layout. I ordered a slip ring from China to use to power the rails in the turntable. That has not arrived yet, so I am proceeding with glueing down ties and track laying. If all goes well, the track should be done before the weekend. 
I am hosting on open house for MARPM in two weeks, so I would like this area to look presentable.
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment