A journal following the history, design, construction and operation of Bernard Kempinski's O Scale model railroad depicting the U. S. Military Railroad (USMRR) Aquia-Falmouth line in 1863, and other model projects.
©Bernard Kempinski All text and images, except as noted, on this blog are copyrighted by the author and may not be used without permission.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 1, 2026

Final Drawing 200-pound Parrot

 I finished the drawing of the 200-pound Parrot Rifle. Now to see if I can get it to print. I am successful, then I can proceed with the base.




This drawing shows how my existing 18 by 11 inch base has barely enough room to house the 15-Rodman and the 200-pound Parrot.  The dark tan rectangle is the size of the diorama base. The circle is the base of the 15-Rodman gun position. The 200-pound Parrot had a semicircular gun base. it would take abut 8 feet to show the whole battery in 1/32nd scale. I will just show the northern portion (north is to the left in the drawing.)



No comments:

Post a Comment