I am getting close to finishing the ship model.
I added the bow details. Most of these were castings from the kit and were pretty good. I used them with just some clean up.
I scratch built the cranes using photos of an actual ship. I simplified the complex curves on the base unit that most of the cranes on ships like this have, but I did convey the cantilevered look as the cranes "hang" over the hatches.
I made new parts for the life boat launching ramp. I also did a bit of detailing to the lifeboat to make it more realistic. The utility raft required some repairs as the casting was broken. I also scratch built the crane as the kit parts were very crude, and too small.