A journal following the history, design, construction and operation of Bernard Kempinski's O Scale model railroad depicting the U. S. Military Railroad (USMRR) Aquia-Falmouth line in 1863, and other model railroad projects.
©Bernard Kempinski All text and images, except as noted, on this blog are copyrighted by the author and may not be used without permission.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 15, 2022

First Layer of Scenery on Phase 2


 
Test shot showing the first layer of scenery. Auto focus bracket stack shot with the R7 with in-camera blending. I used PS to add the smoke and remove the window. 


First section to get ground cover
I started adding scenery at the north end of the bridge and will work to the south toward Falmouth. The reason I am starting here is that I am still waiting for some urethane rock castings from Scenic Express to be able to finish the tunnel portal area. 

This is the first layer of scenery. I used the dirt, ground foams and static grass in the first layer. Once it is fully dry, I need to decide what details I want to add such as fences, trees,  bushes, structures, and encampments.
With the base layer of scenery installed, I painted some distant terrain on the backdrops. I kept the horizon line low as I don't want this to appear like a mountainous region, just hilly with steep ridges.

I painted some distant detail on the backdrop

 Today the frog juicers arrived, so I will have to take some time to install those. 

1 comment:

  1. Green, green.....it's green they say on the far side of the hill. What a difference a little green makes!

    ReplyDelete