I spent the past two days working on the terrain of the ridge between Falmouth and Stares Tunnel. I decided I needed to get this messy work done before installing the bridge and laying the track.
I used the cardboard web to build up the overall shape. Then I applied a layer of thick paper, sometimes called rosin paper, used to protect floors. The first layer of rosin paper was dry as I used hot glue to stick it to the cardboard ribs. Then I applied another layer of rosin paper that I cut into smaller sections, soaked in water and secured with white glue. Once that dried, the terrain structure was reasonably solid.
Next I covered the whole surface with a two layers of plaster impregnated gauze. Now I need to let this cure before I can paint it with the base scenery color.
The bridge is a sturdy enough that I can insert it to test fit and then remove for scenery work.