Tonight I put the first formula to good use as I finished ballasting and applying a base coat of scenery on the new Falmouth. I wanted to make it look like mud.
I made a secret concoction of 1/3 Amby's clay, 1/3 tile grout, and 1/3 Old Dirt from Scenic Express. I processed Amby's clay in my blender to get as rid of as many clumps as possible. The Old Dirt from Scenic Express is great as it doesn't have sparkly mica in it. Unfortunately, the new bottles of dirt I purchased from them do have mica.
It's nice to be finished. Tomorrow I will be cleaning track and testing everything for post ballasting problems.